LTCP announces the conduction of a Summer School & Training Session (SS/T) in the framework of "Recycling and Repurposing of Plastic Waste for Advanced 3D Printing Applications" (Repair3D) Project funded by the Horizon 2020 Program. The SS/T will take place in the premises of LTCP at the city of Lavrion, on the 13th and 14th of September 2022 and it is organized by Lavrion Technological and Cultural Park (LTCP) and National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), in close cooperation with other Partners from REPAIR3D Project. The SS/T will include several lectures related to plastic circularity and recycling, manufacturing of plastics composites, consumers best practices and relevant societal impacts. More specifically the main topics of the SS/T include:
- Plastics Circularity in EU
- Plastics Waste Management
- Plastics Recycling Technologies
- Automatic Identification Systems in Plastics Recycling
- Design for Additive Manufacturing
- 3D Printing with recycled plastics
- 3D Printing with nanomaterials for sensing applications
- Safety Aspects in 3D Printing with Recycled Materials
- Demonstration of mechanical recycling processes and materials characterisation
- Demonstration of 3D printing activities
Tentative agenda of the SS/T is available here.
In the end of the first day of SS/T, dinner at the city of Lavrion has been arranged with the participation of all students and lecturers.
Free transport from and to the LTCP premises will be provided to students accommodated in Lavrion and Sounion areas (see list of accommodation options below).
Young researchers from industry and academia, undergraduate students, and post-graduate students (Masters and Ph.D. students) are encouraged to apply.
Accommodation in Lavrion
- Nikolakakis Rooms Lavrio: https://lavrio-rooms.com/
- NJ Apartments- Deluxe Edition: https://www.njlavrio.com/
Sounion (10 km from Lavrion)